While we were sleeping the other morning, we had a very busy elf in the kitchen. I’ve mentioned before how Hannah is an early bird. She usually keeps herself pretty busy for a an hour or so drawing, playing with her toys, or getting online (she only has access to two websites) while she waits for us to wake up.
The other day we woke up to a very, very special surprise . . .
Almost bursting out of her skin, she bounded into our room exclaiming, “GUYS! GET UP! I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU! YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO BELIEVE IT!”
Boy. Was she right.
We walked into the kitchen-half expecting to see a mural painted on the wall or something-and she presented us breakfast!
OK, we were all speechless.
Need I remind you that she is only four and a half years old?!
She served us on her colorful plastic plates (they are within reach for her in the kitchen) and found all sorts of yummy things for us eat:
- Apples (Only for the adults, she and Dallin didn’t get one because she said they would be too full for them!)
- Yogurt (hand selected flavors for each person)
- Almonds (various amounts for everyone)
- Strawberries (they never actually made it out of their container on the table, but they were for us to eat anyway)
- Lettuce (YUM-O, right?)
- Mushrooms (WHAT?! I KNOW! WE WERE ALL SCRATCHING OUR HEADS ON THIS ONE!)
She is posing in front of David’s plate. (The blue plate was chosen for him since he is a boy.)
Don’t those raw mushrooms look SO DELICIOUS first thing in the morning? 🙂
My plate is below:
Not only did she remember to get spoons for everyone, but she also remembered to put napkins on the table. (Um, for the record, I don’t remember to napkins on the table 90% of the time.)
Here she is explaining why she made us breakfast . . .
So we wouldn’t have to do “ALL THAT HARD WORK!”
Well, she’s a keeper and I think she really should start earning an allowance!