We had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend. The food was yummy and I found the BEST recipe for sweet potato pie and sweet potato casserole. Oh. My. If you want to tickle your taste buds, you must check out these recipes! (Both of these recipes were reviewed by 1,000+ people and received five stars, so you KNOW they’re going to be good!)
There was much hype about the “blizzard of 2010” that supposedly hit us this last week that didn’t drop even one snow flake. As you can imagine, it was a big disappointment. We stocked up on plenty of food, got a great movie, and snuggled up on the couch drinking our hot chocolate waiting for the blizzard that never came. LAME.
However, it has been as cold as the North Pole around here and snow finally dropped by the inches on Sunday. Looks like the kids and I will be building snowmen and sledding this week!
(This is the frost on our kitchen window. Brrrrr!)
I had a fabulous shoot with my friend Pam and her kids over Thanksgiving break as well. Lots of fun pics to come!
This was a test shot and luckily, I had THREE willing and happy subjects for me to test my lights on.
Also worth mentioning, black Friday was a big success! I like to shop. I LOVE good deals. Black Friday is one big party with a bunch of strangers who like a good deal just like I do!
I’m feeling like the Holidays are under control so far. I’m performing in a Christmas program at church where I have to sing a solo and memorize lines! EEK! Someone (who is NOT me by the way) has much more faith in my memorization skills, acting ability, and singing voice!
I want to squeeze as much in and still enjoy the Christmas season, so I’ve planned early and spaced things out as much as I can:
- Christmas shopping– 90% done.
- Christmas cards– DONE
- Nutcracker Ballet– Got our tickets
- Clara’s Tea Party (from the Nutcracker)– Going this week
- Going to see Santa– On my schedule for this week
- Festival of Trees– Going this week
- Family Christmas Party– Scheduled! (Should be lots of fun too! We’re renting a lodge in Aspen grove for the night!)
- Hannah’s ballet Christmas performance– This week. (Be there or be square!)
- Church Christmas party– This weekend
- Messiah Sing-Along– This week
- Lights on Temple Square–Scheduled
The Christmas season is OWNED this year. 🙂