Oh my gosh. I never thought this day would come.
Honestly. The light at the end of the tunnel was so dim, I couldn’t believe there was actually a light there . . .
Seven years ago (almost to the day) David told me he wanted to go to medical school. On that very day, I thought I was going to DIE. Seriously, hearing your husband say he wants to go to medical school is NOT music to your ears. It’s more like fingers scraping down the chalkboard.
But . . .
Here we are. He is OFFICIAL.
He never would have made it through school without endless support from our families (yours truly especially, but that goes without saying, right?) and lots and lots of discipline.
- Three years of medical school prerequisites
- Four years of medical school
- 300 credits to earn his M.D.
- Two children born
- One dog died
- Nine major moves
- Lived in five different states and one foreign country to complete his medical education (Saba, Utah, Kansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, New York)
- 72 weeks of medical rotations
- Approximately 115 flights during the last four years. (I’m not exactly sure how this last statement even adds up since David was not paid to go to school, but anyway . . .)
Medical School is a pricey thing, and I’m sure we’ll be spending the next 47 years paying it off, but it feels so good to be done!
To quote Elle Woods from Legally Blond, “WE DID IT!” 🙂
Congratulations Dr. Lesher!